God, mixi container and spark

By Julia Fernandes

August 22, 2011


This incident happened yesterday. I set out to prepare masala for a dish. I don’t know what came in my mind, but instead of taking the big container of the mixer, I decided to use the mini mixer container. So, I promptly removed it from the shelf and put all the ingredients -- onion, ginger-garlic and spices.


The first time I ran the mixer, the container lid slightly came out of its place. Thinking that something was wrong with the lid of the container, I changed the inner ring inside out. This time when I ran the mixer, the full lid came off and all the mixture flew on my eyes, face, hair, neck and body.


I got scared for my eyes and immediately washed it. But to my surprise when I checked in the mirror my eyes did not turn reddish nor did it burn. There was just a mild burning sensation in my nostrils, but my eyes were safe. I did feel the mixture going in my eyes. When I looked in the mirror the mixture pieces was all over me. Yet, God protected me.


Then I noticed another strange thing. The mixture flew on the microwave, fridge, even on the walls of my kitchen which were a good six to seven feet away from the place of the mixer. And very close to the mixer just a couple of inches away is my mini-altar. The beauty is that the whole kitchen got messed up while the mini-altar in my kitchen was left spotless despite being so close to the mixer!


This incident reminded me of another event that happened several years back. One fine early morning my mother as usual was working in the kitchen attending to her normal chores. She lit the stove and put the water for tea and went about her normal work. There was a vessel of water kept on the kitchen table. Suddenly, from the reflection of the water from that vessel my mom saw some flames. It was very early in the morning and the moon was still up. So, my mom first mistook it for the reflection of the moon. When she gazed closely, much to her horror, she realized her hair on the top of her head was on fire!


With the water from the vessel she immediately managed to put off the flames on her hair. That one spark when she had lit the stove had set her hair on fire. And she did not know about it until she saw the reflections of the flame on the water. Since my mom’s hair is frizzy and thick the flames did not harm her scalp. She was saved; God protected her.


It’s in these little incidents that you see glimpses of God’s love and presence. God is truly present everywhere, seeing every little work that we are doing. If God can protect someone’s hair from flames, someone’s eyes from masala mixture, He will surely take care of all that the future holds for you.

godlovesyou.page4.me 0